Sunday, July 5, 2009

For My Dad...








This year I wanted to do something special for my dad for Father's Day. All the men in my life, my dad, my brother, my husband, and sometimes even my father-in-law and brother-in-law, are hard to buy for at any holiday. In June, there's double duty because my dad's Birthday is a couple of days after Father's Day. Well, last year at Thanksgiving, I wanted to photograph my dad's bike just to see if I could do it. Usually when I want to photograph something I've never photographed before, I try and psych myself out. But, when it comes down to it, I just have to remember it's all about what I already know; what I'm passionate about. I'm the hardest on myself and am always looking for ways to improve for the next time and the time after that. In certain realms of photography, for me at least, it takes me a few tries to get it the way I want it. However, all in all, I'm proud of these images. We photographed the bike in my parent's garage for two reasons: 1) that's where the bike was, it was a holiday and we had family in town, the weather was rainy (ok that's 3 in 1 but these were all factors that kinda went together as one) and 2) the floor in the garage (my dad did all the flooring--he's a carpenter). I think this was as much fun for my dad as it was for me. :)

Anyways, DAD, here's to you . . .

No comments: